Welcome to ActivFit Physiotherapy, Cycle Training, Fitness and Massage
Why ActivFit Physiotherapy?
We have operated on the lower north shore
for over 25 years. We offer physiotherapy, massage, Pilates and yoga
classes, athletics training and coaching services, and have a specialist cycle training studio.
Call us 02 9922 2310
Ken Raupach is the principal of the ActivFit team. Ken has had over 30 years of private practice experience, running his own practices on the lower North Shore, working extensively in the UK and as a member of the NSW Physiotherapists Registration Board. His passions in sport are athletics, long distance running in particular, road cycling, and rugby union.
- Ken has competed in distance running races at Club, State and National level for many years, in Australia and overseas, completing over 30 marathons, placing in the top 15 in the City to Surf, winning State, National and World Masters Games medal.
- He still plods around in the major fun runs and competes for his ANSW Club, Sydney Pacific, on the track, still holding 2 Club records from the '80s. For many years he raced the annual L'Etape de Tour cycle race in France.
- Ken recently started competing in distance triathlons, finishing sub 10:20 Ironman and was selected to represent Australia in the ITU World Long Course Triathlon Championships in Spain, July 2012.
- Ken qualified for the Ironman World Championships in Kona, Hawaii, in October 2013 and after 1st place in Malaysia Ironman 70.3 and Ironman Australia competed again in 2016 (top 15 in AG), and the Ironman 70.3 World Championships in 2016 (9th in AG) and the 2017 Kona World Championships after qualifying at the Langkawi Ironman in 2016. Ken ranked number 1 in the world in his age group for 2016. In 2018 after a 1st place in Ironman Bintan 70.3 raced in the 70.3 World Championships in South Africa, and the ITU World Championships on the Gold Coast. 2019 will bring the Ironman 70.3 World Championships in Nice, France.
- Ken holds an Australian Track and Field Coaches Association Level 4 Track and Field certification, lectures in Performance Studies Track and Field, and Injury Management at the UTS, works with many international athletes of different sports and provide medical coverage and coaching at Shore, Wenona and Monte schools.
- Ken lectured at Oxford University for a Human Performance Masters degree whilst training and working with the University elite athletes.
- Ken has worked with the Australian 7's rugby team after 10 years with Norths rugby club.
- In 2009 Ken received a Australian Government Sports Achievement Award for services to Athletics.
Cristina Maroto runs a Pilates and Yoga studio for clients who want to work on specific flexibility and trunk strengthening for rehabilitation from injury or improvement in their sports performance. Click on the Personal Training tab for more information.
Massage therapy is available, please contact the practice for information.
Also visit our Blue Mountains property, perfect for running and triathlon camps. click here
ActivFit physio Ken comes in 2nd at Langkawi
ActivFit athlete Dave to take on Kona for the second time